Dec 27, 2012

Sittin Pretty

12-27-12 10:30am!
All that is left is the backside of the backrest and the arm rests.
When I first bought this fabric (months ago, at Walmart, yeah, $6.97 /yd.) there was a coordinating stripe, but when I went back yesterday, I couldn't find it at any of the other stores! UGH!!

I am really happy with the one chair, thus far.  Now I have to find and decide on the coordinating fabric for the backside, arms and other chair.


After a lot of pulling, stretching and stapling, I have the seat & back finished!
Here are the 2 chairs side by side
One re-upholstered vs one as I received it

Update: 12-26-12
Since I have two of these chairs, I am taking one apart, step by step, carefully and photo-journaling everything, to share and tutor when all is complete.

I was having a horrible time trying to figure out how the back of the chair was attached and how I was going to re-upholster it .
I cut open the back piece and here is what I found!



 After unscrewing these 6 screws, the back of the chair came right out,.

 I was able to re-upholster the front of it, stapling all around the frame.

(obviously I can't cover the back the same way, with stapling, looks like it was glued and covered with piping.

I'm TOTALLY EXCITED!!  LOOOOK HOW CUTE IT IS!!
This is the After of the one piece back.  I love the mix of styles and bringing the cheerfulness to the chair.
Look at the before below!

11-30-12 Ok, I have stalled enough and been "busy" for far too long!  
Time for this little chickie to practice some self-confidence and time management!
I CAN do it all - almost!  
I was given two of these chairs, and I LOVE the frames, color and all, but um, the fabric of 1980 has to go - I bought some bright bold fabric to re-cover these in, and have been second guessing myself, but I REALLY think it will update and make these chairs pop with color, fun and cheerfulness - so, I don't care what anyone says, I'm doing it!

And here is the cute fabric I found that I want to cover it in - I also saw that there was a coordinating stripe that I might get to do the arm rests and back of the chair in.

Here goes!
Shared this on:

yesterdayontuesday
sugarbeecrafts

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it finished.. I need you to come visit and help me decorate! =) or you can just come and visit! Love ya Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy!! I would love to come visit!! Maybe this summer!! Hugs!!

      Delete
  2. Love the chairs, and it looks like you are doing a great job with the upholstery. Glad you invited me to come take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful chairs! I'm actually working on one myself but have hit a roadblock and have to go back and redo some things. I hope mine looks as good as yours when I'm done!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm loving yours, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine!! Glad you came by!! Would love to see yours when you finish!!

      Delete
  4. Your chair is beautiful, and I love the fabric!! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you Kathy!! It really feels good to me, and I love it!

      Delete
  5. Great job !Your chair is lovely !
    Have a nice week !
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!

Welcome to my Junk Pile!

My Photo
Arizona, United States
Ever since I can remember, I have loved old, distressed, things, and saw the beauty in them. I love to fix, re-purpose, paint, sew, garden, create, whether it's decor, crafts, clothing or food. I have started this blog to share my adventures. Hope you get inspired and make your own Jewels! Hugs & Smiles, Theresa