All that is left is the backside of the backrest and the arm rests.
When I first bought this fabric (months ago, at Walmart, yeah, $6.97 /yd.) there was a coordinating stripe, but when I went back yesterday, I couldn't find it at any of the other stores! UGH!!
After a lot of pulling, stretching and stapling, I have the seat & back finished!
|Here are the 2 chairs side by side|
One re-upholstered vs one as I received it
Since I have two of these chairs, I am taking one apart, step by step, carefully and photo-journaling everything, to share and tutor when all is complete.
I was having a horrible time trying to figure out how the back of the chair was attached and how I was going to re-upholster it .
I was able to re-upholster the front of it, stapling all around the frame.
(obviously I can't cover the back the same way, with stapling, looks like it was glued and covered with piping.
I'm TOTALLY EXCITED!! LOOOOK HOW CUTE IT IS!!
|This is the After of the one piece back. I love the mix of styles and bringing the cheerfulness to the chair.|
Look at the before below!
Time for this little chickie to practice some self-confidence and time management!
I CAN do it all - almost!
I was given two of these chairs, and I LOVE the frames, color and all, but um, the fabric of 1980 has to go - I bought some bright bold fabric to re-cover these in, and have been second guessing myself, but I REALLY think it will update and make these chairs pop with color, fun and cheerfulness - so, I don't care what anyone says, I'm doing it!
And here is the cute fabric I found that I want to cover it in - I also saw that there was a coordinating stripe that I might get to do the arm rests and back of the chair in.