Nov 3, 2013

Mirror makeover

I have a client who never liked these mirrors.
I started painted the scroll work - see the ugly orange/black/gold . . . very dated.
The faux finish was a bit too orange dark and dated.
These are each about 4 feet long from end to end
First run . . . 
So, I sprayed three different colors of gold randomly, to match the candle holders.

Looks a little better, but she decided she didn't want them period.



So, now I'm going to make them Shabby!
Taped up the mirror part.
Sprayed with a primer.
Then Sprayed with a black semi-gloss for my base.
Next, I will use either wax or vaseline method to do the distressing,
then spray with my topcoat of either white or maybe blue . . . hmmm
I gotta run to work now, and will hopefully finish these tonight!
Hugs & Smiles,
Theresa

2 comments:

  1. Bellisimo trabajo te ha quedado genial preciosos,bs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Matilda!! I am enjoying them, but need to finish and will show them off soon! <3

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover