Nov 16, 2013

French chair makeover

If you have been following me at all, you might remember I have two of these French Louis XV chairs.
I reupholstered one last year. (still need to finish the arms and back, argh)

I wanted to do something unique with the second one.


I had the French print for a while, and paid quite a bit for it, but was "saving" it for something special. . . decided this chair was it!
Sorry, blurry, it was late, and I have already taken the black arm fabric off, so no retakes yet.
I didn't have enough to do the whole chair in the print, and even though I could do the back in something else, I really wanted something different.
I stumbled over this black striped, soft burlapy fabric at Walmart, of all places, for $2.00yd!
It's simple rustic beauty spoke to me!
I KNEW the perfect use for it AND finally for my beloved French print would be on this 
Gorgeous Louis XV chair
(These chairs were purchased for more than $1200/ea back in the 1990's by my friend)
She was going to ask me to take them to Goodwill,
BUT I asked if I could have them!
Score ME!!! 
She saw this one today and LOVES it!!
This is it now.  The lighter arms
So, anyhow, here are my thoughts.  I still have to add cording along the arm pieces.  I could do them in the black to set off the print on the arms.  OR, I could do them opposite - dark arms, light cording.
OR, yet, I could do the cording to match each respective arm fabric . . .
decisions, decisions . . . (I'll post tutorial soon)

WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Sharing at:
PinkWhen
iheartnaptime
The Girl Creative
Funky Junk Interiors
Six Sisters Stuff
Redoux Interiors
The Dedicated House
Elizabeth and Co.
Art is Beauty
Jennifer Rizzo






11 comments:

  1. I say light arms dark cording. Love the fabric. Gorgeous chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good question! My first reaction was to say use the dark cording, but not sure. I guess I need to see it against the chair. Not much help, sorry. The chairs are fabulous. I am sure they will turn out awesome no matter which direction you go in.
    Have a great week,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bev, I'm still undecided!! ARGH!! Too many projects!

      Delete
  3. I think it would look great either way!!! Thanks for sharing on DIY Sunday Showcase!!

    Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting Shelly, I'm still not finished with these, but will decide soon!!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous!!! I am sharing at my party tomorrow, starts at 2:00 PST. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love your second chair with its french script back....

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite too Judith! Now to finish them!~! <3

      Delete
  6. Very Pretty! Thanks for sharing at the Twirl & Take a Bow Party! Have a great day.
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting Leslie! I hope to decided and finish these soon!! <3

      Delete

Love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover